2021 Element 11 Covid Event Policy
This Content Was Updated on Tuesday, August 24th, 2021
While Element 11 does not want to stifle creativity and community interactions, we do want to provide all participants with the best possible experience.
In order to honor the principle of Civic Responsibility and hold the safest event possible, Element 11 has implemented the following policy
- Entry into the event requires one of the following conditions:
- Proof of negative covid test dated no more than 48hrs days prior to your arrival on playa.
- Proof of the second vaccine dose completed no sooner than 14 days prior to the event.
- All Participants will need to provide necessary documentation, and test results at Documentation Check Point on SR 30 prior to reaching Element 11 festival gate for precheck in
- All participants in a vehicle with any personage lacking required documents will be required to take a Covid 19 Antigen Rapid test, or will be denied entry to the event. Participants will be required to pay $100 per test if testing is required at Documentation Check Point.
- Due to our limited supply, participants without proper documentation should be prepared to be denied access to the event if no tests are available.
- All participants will need to complete a screening questionnaire before entry.
- Subject to temperature checks at the gate
- THEME CAMPS: If any member of a theme camp tests positive for COVID 19 during the festival, the theme camp will be required to immediately shut down until appropriate actions for sanitation have been completed, and at the discretion of the board of directors.
- Theme camps will also be required to display signage alerting participants that a case has originated from that space, as well as implement a mask mandate if deemed appropriate for the space and activity types.
- Participants displaying any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may be asked to take a rapid test. Failure to comply with testing requests will result in ejection from the event.
- The CDC recommends masks in large gatherings especially for those that are not vaccinated. The best safety practice is to still mask up when you are in close proximity to a number of people. At Element 11, this includes all communal areas such as Center Camp, Volunteer Lounge, Ranger HQ, Medical and Sanctuary. This will also include any area where a sign states a mask is required.
- If any participant tests positive for COVID-19, they will be evacuated from the festival, as well as any other individuals sharing their enclosed temporary housing structure. Participants will make arrangements with BOD to acquire personal infrastructure after the festival has ended, and it is safe to do so.
This policy is in place while under the “High” stage of the pandemic. Updates and changes may occur based on new information and stage changes.**
There will be sanitizer stations throughout the city and will be required at all interactive art installations
Wristbands will be available to those that wish to keep others aware of your need for social distancing.
Refund of ticket price if prior to the event you are unable to attend due to contracting symptoms or being exposed to Covid where you may have been infected.
While attending events held or sponsored by the Element 11, (“E11”) state mandated guidelines concerning Covid-19 should be adhered to (masks/social distancing). Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, E11 has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, E11 cannot guarantee that its participants and volunteers in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19 including those with a negative test result or vaccination.
By participating in the Element 11 event, said participants assume the risk of a potential Covid-19 infection resulting from that participation. Neither the Element 11 organization, nor any person or organization affiliated with the Element 11 organization or Stargazer Ranch, is liable for the consequences of such an infection.
**Stage updated from Moderate to High for Box Elder County. Additional safety steps have been added effective 08/19/2021 (JM)