Working on a project? Bring it to Element 11!
Art grant applications for Element 11 2022 – Cosmic Carnival are CLOSED.
Dates on Art grant applications for Element 11 2023 will be announced by the end of 2022.
Every year, a committee of involved artists and community leaders get together to peruse all the grant requests and to make some tough decisions about how to allocate our grant funds. The Art Grant committee is facilitated by the Art Director, however the Art Director makes no decisions and is not able to vote on art. The Art Grant Committee looks at each project based on a few different metrics:
- The 10 principles
- The Art Grant application/description
- Budget Description
- & Previous Projects
We encourage everyone to consider contributing to Element 11 through their creativity and artistic vision. We would love to fund as much of this creative energy as possible. To make these decisions, we need artists to apply for an Art Grant in advance. Applications are closed for the current year, but here is some information to keep in mind for applying next year:
- Element 11 funds dozens of projects every year. In 2021, we awarded about $40,000 to participating projects, including art installations, performances, live music, theme camp interactivity, mutant vehicles, and burnable art.
- In 2022, we awarded about $70,000 to participating projects.
- Element 11 will fund up to 60% of accepted projects, artists and teams are expected to cover their remaining needs through fundraising or resources of their own. Please describe your fundraising strategy in your proposal.
- Describe your project. We’ll need to have a good idea of what your vision entails and how you intend to spend the money. Tell us about your size requirements, if it includes fire effects or sound, if you need open-playa placement, etc.
- Introduce us to yourself and your team. Include the skills and experience your team has, and how those will aid the successful completion of your project.
- Proposals may be submitted in any format, however we recommend PDF or PowerPoint. Be creative, but stay succinct.